A Police Criminal Record Certificate is also called a Police Record, Police Clearance or Good Conduct Certificate in many other countries. It is issued by the local police authority in Taiwan. You can apply for this certificate in person or via the Internet.
I. Required Documents for application of Police Criminal Record Certificate
1. An application form
2. (i) Required documents for Foreigners:
Your passport and a photocopy of the personal information page and your ARC (if you have an Alien Resident Certificate).
2. (ii) Required documents for ROC citizens:
Your national identification card and a copy of it or the original household certificate. For the purpose of use of the document overseas, please give us the English spelling of your name as it is spelled in your passport, or present a photocopy of the personal information page of your passport.
3. (iii) Required documents for Overseas Chinese:
Your passport and a photocopy of it and a transcript of your deleted domicile registration issued within past one month.
II. Processing Time
Your application will take up to 2 working days from the date recorded on your receipt, excluding the day of the application, weekends and holidays, to process. Sometimes, the waiting period will be longer if a further court records check is needed.
III. Processing Fee
The fee for Police Criminal Record Certificate is NT$100 for each copy. Each additional certificate applied at the same time is charged NT$20（the contents of each certificate should be the same）. A receipt will be issued to you. Please note that the Pingtung County Police Bureau does not accept foreign currencies (including foreign cheques) or overseas postal orders, nor do we recommend the sending of cash via post. Postal orders should be made payable to the Pingtung County Police Bureau. If you live outside Taiwan, it is strongly recommended that you ask someone living in Taiwan to help you settle your small amount cash payment issue.
The National Currency of Taiwan is the New Taiwan Dollar, usually abbreviated as NT$ or NTD.
IV. Application Management
1. At-the-counter application:
Foreign Affairs Section, Pingtung County Police Bureau
No.119, Chungchen Rd., Pingtung City, Pingtung County 90007, Taiwan (R.O.C)
Tel: (886-8) 765-6784, 733-6283
Fax No. : ( 886-8) 734-7302
Office hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 12:00pm, 1:30 - 5:30 pm
2. On-line application:
(1) Please visit the NPA Website:http://eli.npa.gov.tw/E7WebO/index01.jsp (see Note below). Carefully key in all your details as required on the application form. After completing the application, please submit it online and then after 30 minutes call the Foreign Affairs Section, Pingtung County Police Bureau at ( 886-8 ) 765-6784, 733-6283 for confirmation.
NOTE: When you visit the NPA Website: http://eli.npa.gov.tw/E7WebO/index01.jsp. It will show a page in Chinese. Please click the first line of Chinese characters at the upper left corner of the page and you will find the APPLICATION FORM FOR POLICE CRIMINAL RECORD CERTIFICATE.
(2) After two working days, please bring with the required documents to Foreign Affairs Section in person to pick up the certificate. Those who can not come to pick up the certificate in person may authorize the proxy by filling out the notarized statement signed by the applicant. All the required documents of the applicant shall be submitted and the proxy shall present proof of identification (ID card, driver’s license, passport) for verification by the staff at the counter in such a situation.
3. Application by mail:
Please send the following documents by registered mail to Foreign Affairs Section, Pingtung County Police Bureau at No.119, Chungchen Rd., Pingtung City, Pingtung County 90007, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
(1) Application form
(2) The above-mentioned required documents
(3) Processing fee NT$100 in cash. (Please use the cash envelope of
The Taiwan Post)
(4) A Self-addressed return envelope with adequate postage (if you are not
able to pick up the certificate in person)
V. Additional Information
1. Please ensure that your English name and other information on the
application form is identical to that in your passport.
2. If you have made court appearances in recent years, it will help to shorten
the processing time if the relevant judicial documents are provided.
3. For your convenience, please bring the receipt with you when you come to
pick up the certificate at the counter.