II. 1.For Foreigners: i. Passport or Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) ii. A certificate or document of reason for entering mountains issued by the competent authorities iii. Three copies of the name list of applicants iv. A plan for mountain climbing and hiking with attached route chart
2. For ROC Citizens and the people of Hong Kong, Macau, and China: i. A certificate or document of reason for entering mountains issued by the competent authorities ii. Three copies of the name list of applicants iii. A plan for mountain climbing and hiking with the attachment of a route chart iv. National identification card or driver’s licenses, or a photocopy of any of those (For children under 14, household Certificates are acceptable.)
Procedures： Application may be filed in person, or you may authorize another person to submit the application form for you.
ALIENS ENTERING CONTROLLED MOUNTAIN AREAS
1) Diplomatic personnel and their staff and families stationed in Taiwan, as well as personnel of other foreign institutions doing similar work and having diplomatic privileges.
2) Judicial and military officials, or security officers entering for work-related reasons.
3) Technical experts and their dependants hired by the Taiwan government or invited to visit.
4) Missionaries, for the purpose of propagating their faith.
5) Doctors or medical staff for the purpose of medical services or hygiene education.
6) Persons engaged in charitable enterprises.
7) Teachers or staff who are conducting scholarly research.
8) Others that have a justifiable reason to enter with approval from a pertinent Taiwan authority.
9) Persons who wish to hike or mountain climb in specific areas, following approved routes.
10) Foreigners can enter controlled mountain areas with local persons who have approval for the same purpose.
11) Taiwan citizens and foreigners desiring to enter controlled mountain areas for sight-seeing, travel or enjoyment are allowed to enter.
Working Days：Immediate Response Upon Inquiry
Pingtung County Police Bureau
Address: #900 No.119, Jhongjheng Rd., Pingtung City (map)
TEL: +886-8-7322156 FAX:+886-8-7326239
Office Hours: 8:00AM-12:00PM and 1:30PM-5:30PM , Monday-Friday
This website is best viewed with 800x600 IE 6.0 plus